Recording tips to reduce your costs and improve transcript quality:
- Investing in a digital recorder will save you money later as they produce a better quality recording. We have found the best quality recordings to be those recorded on ipods or iphones.
- Where possible one interviewer should interview one person at a time, and not over the telephone
- Record in quiet area with no constant background noise (eg audible air-conditioning/heating, common area)
- Record in carpeted area to reduce echo
- Keep recorder within 30cm of each interviewee or better still, provide each interviewee with a microphone
- If you have to record outside provide each interviewee with a microphone
- If filming provide each interviewee with a microphone